Do you practice economy when it comes to your computer’s resources? One of my pet peeves is running way too many unnecessary applications in the background. I always try to keep them at a bare minimum.
But sometimes it’s a losing battle. More and more software keep wanting to be added to the system tray. Some of them still run in the back ground when you have closed them in your system tray. Here’s another thing that irks me to no end for some software – you have no option to tell it not to put itself in the system tray argh! That’s another post.
On any given day when working, I’ve got the following apps running all the time.
- Miranda (All in one instant messenger)
- Screenshot captor
- Egg timer
- Zone Alarm (of course)
- Sandboxie (Sandbox all my Internet applications)
- PsPad (not always but almost there)
- Windows Live Writer (almost always)
- And some other Windows utilities
What about you?